The Seattle chapter of the Association for Women in Science is an active organization dedicated to advancing the careers of women in science and technology and to promoting the participation of girls in the sciences.
- Monthly meetings that feature local speakers discussing scientific research, career development, public health, and environmental issues
- A newsletter to keep you connected to issues and events relevant to women in science
- Networking opportunities with local professionals in your field
The opportunity to mentor and be mentored through chapter-based and Internet resources
- SAVE THE DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 17th – Seattle Chapter’s first monthly meeting of 2014-2105! The public is welcome to join us at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 6-8pm
- Undergraduate Scholarship Application for 2014-2015 available now
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014, 6:00pm
“Understanding the role of myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC) in infant immunity”
Ana Gervassi, PhD
Staff Scientist, Seattle Biomed Research Institute
Specialized Immunity Subcore Director, Center for AIDS Research, UW
All AWIS meetings are FREE and open to both members and non-members!