The Seattle chapter of the Association for Women in Science is an active organization dedicated to advancing the careers of women in science and technology and to promoting the participation of girls in the sciences.
- Monthly meetings that feature local speakers discussing scientific research, career development, public health, and environmental issues
- A newsletter to keep you connected to issues and events relevant to women in science
- Networking opportunities with local professionals in your field
The opportunity to mentor and be mentored through chapter-based and Internet resources
Wednesday, December 18th, 2013, 6:00pm
Citizen Science Panel:
Bringing Science To the Masses
• Project Violet ‐ Michelle L Cook Sangar, PhD, DVM & Emily Girard
• COASST (Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team) ‐ Jane Dolliver, PhD
• HiveBio ‐ TBD
• FoldIt ‐ Kathleen Tuite
Wednesday, January 15th, 2014, 6:00pm
From Farm to Fork –
What do we know about the impacts of how our food is
produced and distributed on our health and the planet?
Jennifer Otten, Ph.D., R.D.
Assistant Professor, Nutritional Sciences Program,
Department of Health Services
University of Washington, School of Public Health
Senior Research and Policy Scientist
Public Health – Seattle & King County