Award for Scientific Advancement in STEM:
Dr. Emily Fox
Award for Excellence in Science Education:
Dr. Alyssa Taylor
Award for Excellence in Science Outreach:
The opportunity to mentor and be mentored through chapter-based and Internet resources
- Monthly meetings that feature local speakers discussing scientific research, career development, public health, and environmental issues
- A newsletter to keep you connected to issues and events relevant to women in science
- Networking opportunities with local professionals in your field
The Seattle chapter of the Association for Women in Science is an active organization dedicated to advancing the careers of women in science and technology and to promoting the participation of girls in the sciences.
Join us at our Monthly Chapter Meetings!
We offer monthly chapter events on the 3rd Wednesday from September to May.
6:30 PM – Introductions, Program
7:45 PM – Networking and Dessert
Pre-registration not required for our events.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98109-1024
Please enter through Thomas Building.
*Free Visitor Parking in front of and to the side of Thomas Building and Employee Parking lot off Aloha St. (across from SCCA). See Map for Details.
All AWIS meetings are FREE and open to members and non-members, both men and women!
For additional event information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to AWIS members and the community for your support of Seattle AWIS programs from September through June. Our monthly programs will take a summer break and begin again in September.
The 2017 AWIS Banquet and Award Presentations on June 6th was an inspiring evening recognizing our award winners and scholarship recipients. See more details and pictures here.
Thank you to our Table Sponsors:
- Fred Hutch Student/Postdoc Advisory Committee & Office of Scientific Career Development
- Intellectual Ventures
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, UW
- Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, UW
- ZymoGenetics/Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Center for Infectious Disease Research
- Fred Hutch Science Education Programs: Summer HS Internship & Science Education Partnership
- Institute for Systems Biology
- UW Bioengineering
Thank you to our Scholarship Donors:
- Veronica Smith-Natalie Hamrick
- Immune Design
- Leon & Emma Solomon Memorial Scholarship
- Steve Gilbert-Janice Camp
- AWIS Members