Thank you to AWIS members and the community for your support of Seattle AWIS programs from September through June. Our monthly programs will take a summer break and begin again in September.
The 2017 AWIS Banquet and Award Presentations on June 6th was an inspiring evening recognizing our award winners and scholarship recipients. See more details and pictures here.
Thank you to our Table Sponsors:
- Fred Hutch Student/Postdoc Advisory Committee & Office of Scientific Career Development
- Intellectual Ventures
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, UW
- Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, UW
- ZymoGenetics/Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Center for Infectious Disease Research
- Fred Hutch Science Education Programs: Summer HS Internship & Science Education Partnership
- Institute for Systems Biology
- UW Bioengineering
Thank you to our Scholarship Donors:
- Veronica Smith-Natalie Hamrick
- Immune Design
- Leon & Emma Solomon Memorial Scholarship
- Steve Gilbert-Janice Camp
- AWIS Members
AWIS Annual Banquet and Awards
Wednesday – June 1, 2016
Tyee Yacht Club, 3229 Fairview Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98102
For online ticket purchase, click here.
Congratulations to our 2016 award recipients!
For Scientific Advancement:
Dr. Hongkui Zeng from Allen Institute
For Leadership Excellence in Biotech or Public Sector:
Dr. Erin Shellman from Zymergen
To see the online invite, click here.
Thank you to our 2016 Award Sponsors
Center for Infectious Disease Research
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
2014 AWIS Award Winners
We are delighted to announce the winners of these two awards, chosen from a pool of many qualified candidates by the Awards Selection committee. We will be honoring Dr. Anna Wald and Dr. Nancy Hutchinson with the Award for Scientific Advancement and the Award for Excellence in Science Education/Outreach respectively at our fundraiser/banquet to be held in June 2014.
AWIS Award 2014 Press Release