Thank you to AWIS members and the community for your support of Seattle AWIS programs from September through June. Our monthly programs will take a summer break and begin again in September.
The 2017 AWIS Banquet and Award Presentations on June 6th was an inspiring evening recognizing our award winners and scholarship recipients. See more details and pictures here.
Thank you to our Table Sponsors:
- Fred Hutch Student/Postdoc Advisory Committee & Office of Scientific Career Development
- Intellectual Ventures
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, UW
- Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, UW
- ZymoGenetics/Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Center for Infectious Disease Research
- Fred Hutch Science Education Programs: Summer HS Internship & Science Education Partnership
- Institute for Systems Biology
- UW Bioengineering
Thank you to our Scholarship Donors:
- Veronica Smith-Natalie Hamrick
- Immune Design
- Leon & Emma Solomon Memorial Scholarship
- Steve Gilbert-Janice Camp
- AWIS Members
Shoreline Community College Biotech summer camp for high school students – July 7-11
Registration is open – please spread the word to students and parents.
Shoreline Community College is partnering with Institute for Systems Biology to present
“Project Biotech” Summer Camp at Shoreline Community College
July 7-11, 2014 – Monday through Friday – 9am-4pm
For up-coming 9th-12th grade students
Camp Fee: $400. A limited number of financial need-based scholarships will be available.
Only 24 spots available – on a first come, first served basis! Applications are due by June 6th
NWABR’s Bio Expo Judges Needed Immediately!
NWABR’s Bio Expo promotes science literacy and creativity among high school students. Projects are presented in a variety of forms – from art, drama, or music to molecular modeling, web design or traditional scientific research. For all projects, students must research the science behind their chosen topics.
Judges are needed immediately!
Responsibilities of judges:
After April 28 – pre-judging (projects sent to you electronically)
May 8 – judges’ meeting at Amgen (attendance required, 4-6 pm)
May 22 – judging at Bio Expo, Shoreline Community College (attendance required, 8am-1pm)
Sign up NOW