WIB-Seattle: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning for Diagnosis, Patient Care & Research
The Riveter, Capitol Hill 1517 12th Ave. Suite 101 Seattle, WA 98122 United States
The emergence of intelligent software – studied under the banner of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) – has accelerated the pace of innovation, enabling the healthcare and biotech sectors to take on some of their biggest challenges. WIB Seattle is bringing together an experienced panel of experts from across the AI/ML healthcare and biotech fields will discuss the role that technology will have on healthcare reform and its potential for the future.
Visit https://www.womeninbio.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1154714&group= for more details and to register.
ORISE undergrad scholarship opportunity for STEM students | Nuclear Power
The deadline to submit is 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Undergraduate students are invited to participate in the “Nuclear Power: A Safe Future” competition. For the opportunity to earn a $5,000, $3,000, or $1,000 scholarship, undergraduates are asked to identify a potential future threat to nuclear power plant safety and propose a plan to mitigate it.
For more information on this competition, please visit the ORISE website at https://orise.orau.gov/stem/internships-fellowships-research-opportunities/scholarships.html.
NCWIT High School Award for Aspirations in Computing
8:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on November 5, 2018
This award honors women in grades 9-12 who are active and interested in computing and technology, and encourages them to pursue their passions. Recipients are chosen for demonstrated interest and achievements in computing, proven leadership ability, academic performance, and plans for post‑secondary education.
Each National and Regional Affiliate Award winner, as well as each honorable mention, receives:
- recognition at a Regional Affiliate Award event (at the discretion of the Regional Affiliate Award program)
- an engraved award for both her and her school
- scholarship and internship opportunities
- entry to a peer-network of technical women in the NCWIT AiC Community
- various prizes, such as computing resources, gadgets, swag, and more
Each National Award winner also receives cash and a trip to the National Award Celebration in March 2019.
Each recipient with a Certificate of Distinction designation receives various prizes and entry to the NCWIT AiC Community.
Visit https://www.aspirations.org/participate/high-school for more information and to apply.
Social Media and Digital Fellowship Opportunity at HIV.gov
February 10, 2019
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH), has a research fellowship opportunity related to social media and digital communications for HIV.gov.
The ORISE fellow will engage in the following activities in support of the HIV.gov mission:
1. Expand the visibility of timely and relevant Federal HIV policies, programs, and resources to the American public through research on these topics
2. Increase use of social media and digital tools by government, minority, and other community partners to extend the reach of HIV programs to communities at greatest risk
3. Support HIV.gov efforts to increase knowledge about HIV and access to HIV services for people most at-risk for, or living with, HIV
4. Support HIV.gov efforts to increase greater awareness and foster better understanding of privacy and security issues impacting the HIV community
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, visit https://www.zintellect.com/