Donations can be made to the Scholarship Fund via PayPal
Donate to our 2018-2019 Scholarship Fund!
Seattle AWIS encourages and appreciates individual and company/organization donations to the 2018-2019 scholarship fund (donations should be sent by April 2019). All donations are 100% tax-deductible, and 100% of the money is used directly for scholarships. Individuals who contribute at least $1000 and companies/organizations that contribute at least $1500 to the Seattle AWIS scholarship fund will have a scholarship named in their honor. These donors will be acknowledged on the Seattle AWIS website and at the awards banquet in June of 2019, and will have the opportunity to present the scholarships that they fund to the fortunate recipients at the banquet. Questions contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2018 AWIS Scholarship Donors!
- Conerly: Patricia Virgadamo Memorial Scholarship
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Solomon: Leon & Emma Solomon Scholarship
- Pearson Family
Congratulations to our 2018 AWIS Scholarship recipients!
At the AWIS Banquet on June 14th, ten young women were introduced as recipients of the 2018 Seattle AWIS Scholarships. The scholarship fund donors were on hand to present the scholarship awards.
- Tracie Barry (University of Washington, Tacoma | Senior | Environmental Science) – Battelle Scholarship
- Heather Bergey (Seattle University | Junior | Math) – AWIS Members Scholarship
- Zaya Delgerjargal (University of Washington, Seattle | Senior| Environmental Studies and Economics) – Gilbert-Camp Scholarship
- Katie Hearther (University of Washington, Seattle | Junior| Oceanography) – Leon & Emma Solomon Scholarship
- Miwako Ito (University of Washington, Seattle | Junior | Chemical Engineering) – Smith-Hamrick Scholarship
- Mireya Jimenez-Magana (Gonzaga University | Junior | Biology) – Battelle Scholarship
- Grace Sullivan (University of Puget Sound | Senior | Molecular & Cellular Biology) – Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship
- Miranda Taggart (Seattle University | Junior | Biochemistry) – AWIS Members Scholarship
- Katelyn Tozer (University of Washington, Tacoma | Senior | Biomedical Science) – Patricia Virgadamo Memorial Scholarship
- Camille Zaug (Seattle University | Junior | Math and Physics) – Pearson Family Follow Your Dreams Scholarship
The Seattle AWIS Scholarship program began in 1991 and has been awarding scholarships annually to undergraduate women majoring in STEM at Washington universities or colleges. Since then, over $175,000 in scholarships has been awarded. Recipients were selected based on academic excellence, financial need, motivation to pursue a science-based career, and a record of giving back to their communities.
2018 AWIS Scholarship winners and donors. Back Row: Miranda Taggart, Karen De Jongh, Melissa Conerly, Grace Sullivan, Jessica Pearson, Camille Zaug, Megan Pearson, Miwako Ito, Veronica Smith, Natalie Hamrick. Front Row: Steve Gilbert, Fran Solomon, Janice Camp, Katelyn Tozer